Founder and Principal
With more than two decades as a user-centered design and research professional, Bram Wessel believes that technology should enable natural experiences for real people. Bram has developed human-centered digital experience designs and strategies for such high-impact brands as Adobe, Amazon, Backcountry, the City of Seattle, Crate & Barrel, Disney, Expedia, GE, Group Health, Intel, Lionsgate, MasterCard, Microsoft, Nordstrom, Real, Safeco, Sony, Starbucks, Volvo, UW Medicine, and Warner Brothers.
A tireless advocate for the IA/UX discipline, with many articles to his credit, Bram is a frequent speaker at conferences such as the Information Architecture Summit, UX Week, Lavacon, Webvisions, ConveyUX, Seattle Design Festival, Taxonomy Bootcamp, and regional meetups and workshops. He is committed to educating the next generation of practitioners through his advanced User Experience and certificate Information Architecture classes at the School of Visual Concepts and as a guest lecturer at the University of Washington’s MCDM and MLIS programs.
Bram is a member of the Information Architecture Institute (IAI) and the Seattle chapter of the international Interaction Design Association (IxDA).
Bram is a founding partner at Factor.
In his spare time, Bram enjoys fly-fishing. shellfish farming, and making wine.
- Speaker at the Information Architecture Summit, Minneapolis, 2015 and Vancouver BC, 2017
- Board member, speaker, and host of InfoCamp 2011-2014, helping to bring world-class speakers to the Seattle information professional community
- Speaker at various UX/IA and IxDA Events, Seattle and Vancouver BC, 2010 thru 2016
- Speaker at ConveyUX, Seattle 2015
- Speaker at Lavacon, Portland, Oregon, 2014
- Speaker at Information Today’s Taxonomy Bootcamp, Washington DC, 2013
- Speaker at Seattle Design Festival, 2013
- Speaker at Seattle Interactive Conference 2011, 2012
- Speaker at Webvisions, Portland, Oregon, 2011.