User Researcher (Contract Position)
Factor is a consulting firm that specializes in information architecture. We are seeking a contract user researcher for a multi-month engagement. This role involves moderation and participation in user research interview sessions and participation in post-interview analysis and report-writing.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience and education in user research techniques and best practices. They will be self-motivated and contribute quality work to small teams.
Hourly Rate: DOE
- Conduct user research sessions as a moderator, observer, recorder and analyst.
- Take detailed notes during user research sessions when functioning as a recorder.
- Be able to work in a coded note-taking format.
- Work with project management staff on scheduling, coordinating, client communications and delivery.
- Participate in the scheduling of participants.
- Facilitate or participate in user research debriefing sessions.
- Participate in analysis and generation of research read-out materials.
- Assist colleagues whenever necessary.
This role will report to Factor’s research leads, project managers, and work collaboratively with other employees and contractors.
- Demonstrated experience with user research in a corporate, professional, or production setting.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Comfortable working with SaaS and remote user research tools.
- BSc/BA; professional school certificate in relevant field is preferred.
- Familiarity with user experience, information architecture, enterprise and agency clients a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Factor recognizes the importance of diversity in our workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all employees and contractors. Employment decisions will be made free of discrimination from religion, race, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, marital or parental status, physical ability, or any other non-merit factor.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by contractors who meet these requirements. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
To apply for this position, please fill out the form below. Please save all application materials in one .pdf file. Our form will not allow you save your work for later.
Professional references may be requested during the interview/hiring process.
Job listing open until filled.