User Research Assistant (RA) – Contract
(Part time / Variable hours)
Factor is a consulting firm that specializes in information architecture. We are seeking an independent contractor to support our user research efforts. The Research Assistant (RA) will participate in user research interview sessions and analysis.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience and education in user research techniques and best practices. They will be self-motivated and contribute quality work to small teams.
- Engage with research leads and moderators to build a team approach to research.
- Work with a moderator to conduct user research sessions.
- Take detailed notes during user research sessions.
- Be able to work in a coded note-taking format.
- Work with project management staff on client communications and delivery.
- Coordinate, schedule and record the outcome of meetings.
- Participate in the scheduling of participants.
- Participate in user research debriefing sessions.
- Participate in analysis and generation of research read-out materials.
- Assist colleagues whenever necessary.
- Proven experience with user research
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Comfortable working with SaaS tools
- High school diploma; BSc/BA or professional school certificate in relevant field is preferred
- Familiarity with user experience, information architecture, enterprise and agency clients a plus
Three professional references may be requested in later phases of the interview process.
Reporting: This person will report to the research lead, and work collaboratively with all employees and contractors.
Policies: Factor values diversity and a safe and healthy working environment.
Project Hours: Contract position. Hours will vary depending on need,
Deadline: Job listing open until filled.